Use of QTC License, Certificates, and Marks of Conformity
QTC acts as an independent certification body (Issuing QTC Certificates); and a 3rd party conformity assessment body authorized by Saudi Standards, Metrology & Quality Organization (SASO), GCC Standardization Organization For all above, specific certification mark of conformity is granted to client
Procedures of use Certification marks:
- QTC owns its Certification mark of Conformity as part of its Certification system, along with QTC final Product (the certificate), and applicable scheme owner certification scheme. Once certified by QTC, client has the right to use QTC Mark of Conformity. Client using QTC Mark of conformity shall fully comply with requirements for the use of 3rd party marks available in ISO/IEC 17030.
- Control the use of QTC certificates & marks of conformity and scheme owner’s certificates and marks of conformity by its clients by following ISO Guide 23; methods and procedures are documented and communicated to client through the procedures of control of QTC license, certificate & mark conformity and scheme owner certificates.
- QTC makes it clear to its clients that it owns exclusively its certification mark of conformity as part of its certification system, along with QTC final Product (the certificate), and its certification scheme and the right to use QTC mark of conformity is authorized only to the certified clients who signed the certification agreement and are approved for certification.
- QTC Certification mark is granted to products or services meeting the applicable standards or requirements. It should be very clear that the certification mark will be used exclusively on certified products, so no confusion should happen between certified and non-certified products. Furthermore, usage of certification mark should be handled with extra care and attention.
- QTC ensures the control and accurate usage of its certification mark by continuous certification auditing (surveillance audits in 1st and 2nd year and re-certification audit in the 3rd year). Furthermore, the market is constantly being monitored in a way that if any Intentional misuse of the mark happens, a swift and appropriate corrective action will be taken against the client.
- Client using QTC Mark of conformity shall fully comply with requirements for the use of 3rd party marks available in ISO/IEC 17030, and ISO guide 23, and ISO guide 27.
- QTC entitles its client to use Certification mark on products covered by the appended license, as approved by QTC for such products in accordance with the standards.
- The stipulations of the general rules for the applicable certification scheme and all applicable related standards shall apply to the use of certification mark.
- Once certified, QTC agrees that the related certified facilities and products manufactured, shall comply with the requirements of applicable standards specified in the license. Accordingly, it is a recognition and authorization for the applicant to mark the products covered by the license using QTC certification mark.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the products (for which the license is granted) are always produced under the same conditions to meet the specifications and quality of the samples tested by QTC and must be in conformity with applicable standards.
- Printing of certification mark shall be performed within the specifications listed below (size, colors & dimensions), using materials assuring the accurate and sharp production of the mark. with care that no misleading with other mark, Image, logo or overlapping with the GCTS rules. (Note 1)
- To ensure the above is met, upon approval for certification and prior to issuance of certificate, the certification mark is handed over to client in a Soft and Hard Copy format.
- Upon signing this certification agreement, applicant declares of fully understanding the requirements, terms and conditions, usage policy of safeguarding QTC Certification mark and commit to fully comply with them and not to make any statement or act in any way that may be considered misleading. Furthermore, applicant agrees and recognizes the use of its certification mark upon certification approval decision.
- For promotional and marketing purposes, (either constant: brochures, letterheads, flyers, website, etc.…, or variant events: exhibition, etc.….) using QTC Certification mark is accepted by QTC with no objection under the condition of providing the certificate not along with the certification mark in case of such activities. This use shall be done within the accepted conditions mentioned above, such advertisements can be placed on display panel of the certified products, on the secondary or packaging , on company publicity materials such as brochures, company profiles, reports, exhibition materials, flyers, banners, roll-ups etc. ,on corporate electronic media such as in website, internet ,on the internal walls and doors of the factory/offices, on company vehicles ,on company communication documents such as letterheads, stationeries etc.
- QTC will conduct continuous monitoring on certified products to ensure correct use of its Certification mark.
- Instructions or another user information accompanying the product and related to the certification scheme shall be approved by QTC.
- In case of any doubts regarding the use of the logo, prior written approval shall be sought from QTC to prevent misuse and subsequent corrective action.